Our previous post looked at the importance of customer care for the ultimate success of your personal training business. We outlined how customer service is important in almost every aspect of your business.
Here are our Top 10 considerations when it comes to providing outstanding customer care:
- Customer service is not limited to the time you spend training your clients. It is important before, during and after all training sessions.
- As obvious as it sounds, in order to provide customer care you actually do have to care. You have to care about your client’s fitness, wellbeing, progress, etc. Importantly, you have to genuinely care about your clients’ satisfaction with your services.
- Clients want to feel valued by you, their personal trainer.
- In order to provide outstanding customer service, you need to be able to adapt to the personalities of your different clients so that they all view your interactions as positive, professional and meeting their expectations.
- Often it’s the small gestures, such as thank you cards, that make the biggest difference.
- Don’t take any client relationships for granted.
- Provide ALL your clients with the highest possible level of customer service.
- Gather all the information you need to ensure that you understand each individual client and his/her needs, expectations and goals.
- Keep track of your level of customer service. Look at the aspects of your business that reflect customer service (e.g. sales, client retention rates, etc) to see where your strengths lie and where you can improve customer care.
- Get regular feedback from your clients about their perceptions of your customer service.