What are the most important personal training sales questions?
Watch this clip to find out about one of the most important personal training sales questions to ask each prospective client.
Personal Training Sales Questions that are Crucial
When conducting a new client sales meeting, there’s a whole bunch of really essential questions that you need to ask. You need to put on your detective hat and learn as much as you can about your new client. One of those critical questions that we’ve used with massive success is simply asking people, “Have you worked out with a personal trainer before?”
If we rewind the clock to 10 or 15 years ago, there weren’t that many people out there who had a personal trainer. It was very rare, so if you asked someone if they’d ever worked out with a personal trainer they’d probably say No. These days it’s a common thing. Personal training is so accepted in our society that so many people that we meet with to sign up for our programs have worked out with a trainer before.
Personal Training Sales Questions about Previous Trainers
Some of the things I want to learn about that person (the prospective client) are:
- How often did you train with that person? Was it once, twice, or three times a week?
- What were the sessions? Were they 30, 45, or 60 minutes?
- How much did you pay for that trainer? (I can then start to get an idea of how much they were paying. I can start to get a framework for how they might fit into one of our programs.)
- Why did you stop?
- What did you like about that trainer?
- What did you not like about them? If they tell me that “I turned up every week and he gave my boxing and I hate boxing” do you think we’re going to do that? Absolutely not.
What we’re going to do is find out exactly what that person wants and give that to them.
That’s just one of the little things that you can incorporate into your client sales meeting. It’s going to make a massive difference in your business if you use these personal training sales questions!