Although your personal training business can benefit hugely from hiring a VA, you need to know what to look for when hiring a virtual assistant for your PT business.
Although you would want your VA to have the same qualities as any potential employee, there are certain additional characteristics to look for in someone who will be working remotely for your business. Some general criteria to look for when hiring a virtual assistant include:
- A prompt, clear and concise response to your job posting/advert.
- A personality that matches your PT business: friendly, enthusiastic, confident, etc.
- A skills set that matches the tasks you want done
- Experience that is relevant to the specific tasks you would like to be completed
- The necessary technological skills to assist your business from a remote location
- Good problem-solving skills
- Initiative and drive
- Excellent communication skills, including prompt responses to all emails etc.
- Fluent in English
- Reliable when it comes to getting the work done on time
- Reasonable rates that correlate with your budget (remember that you get what you pay for)
- Good project management skills, especially if you’ll want to hire a VA for a range of tasks
- Available for the appropriate number of hours per week/month to complete your tasks
- Good references and testimonials
- If you’re using a site like Elance or oDesk, the candidate should have a high rating a good reviews.