So you want to run your own successful personal training business? Simply knowing how to devise training schedules is not enough – you need business acumen as well. Luckily for you, help is at hand. Below we’ve listed the 8 basic steps to starting your own PT business. Keep on reading our blog as the next series of posts will delve into these point in more detail.
- The obvious prerequisite is that you are properly qualified and have the necessary skill set.
- Decide where you’re going to work. Think about how you can set yourself apart from the other PT businesses in this area.
- Devise an effective business plan that is specifically tailored to running a PT business.
- Seek advice from specialists such as an accountant, a fitness business coach, an attorney and an insurance agent.
- Using a catchy business name and an effective logo creates an image of a professional business. Use these on your business cards and marketing materials.
- Market yourself as an expert in your particular niche.
- Invest in equipment.
- Regularly re-evaluate your business and adjust it accordingly.